The Canterbury Hockey summer competition is a fun, social competition for all age groups, running for 6 weeks before Christmas and 6 weeks after Christmas (as separate competitions).
2022 Post-Christmas Summer Hockey Competitions
Entries will be open for the 2022 Post Xmas Summer Hockey competitions on the 15th of December
As per previous seasons, the grades are as follows:
- Junior years 3/4 - Approx 4.00pm - 5.00pm
- Junior years 5/6 - Approx 4.00pm - 5.30pm
- Intermediate years 7/8 - Approx 4.30pm - 5.30pm
- Secondary school years 9-13 A- Approx 5.00pm - 6.00pm
- Adult Novice (1-2 'Hockey' players in your team), Intermediate (3-4 players) and Experienced (5+ players or 3+ players in Division 2 or above in club/school hockey). - Approx 6.00pm - 8.30pm
The grades will be played across Monday and Tuesday afternoons/evenings and will go ahead subject to entry numbers. You can select your playing day and location when registering.
The post Christmas Competition generally has less entries at Nga Puna Wai so if you enter this grade and team numbers do not permit it to go a head you will get the option to transfer to the Nunweek League or get a refund.
The dates for the 2022 competitions are as follows:
Monday 14th and Tuesday 15th February
Monday 21st and Tuesday 22nd March.
Entries close Monday the 7th February
THE GAME - 6-A-SIDE
- 6 weeks of competition games
- 6-a-side on half fields (quarter for juniors)
- 12 minute halves
- Teams are encouraged to be mixed gender
- Players do not have to belong to a club.
The adult league is split into 3 different divisions:
Adult Novice - No more than 3 regular hockey players
Adult Intermediate - 3 or more regular hockey players
Adult Experienced - 3 or more players that play Winter Division 2 or above.
- Usual hockey rules set the basis of play
- Six players on the field at a time
- Goal keepers are allowed but not essential
- No lifted balls or hitting
- Umpires may not call minor infringements
- Teams can have as many substitutions as they want.
Cancellations, if needed, will be advised as early as possible and will be notified on the first instance on Facebook and via email if possible.
- Junior grades - year 3-4 and year 5-6 - $150 per team
- Intermediate grades - year 7-8 and year 9-13 - $210 per team
- Adult grades - Novice, Intermediate and Advanced - $290 per team.
Entries are being done through Sportlomo this year. If you cannot log into your (or your child's) Sportlomo account please email Sam@canterburyhockey.org.nz
FRIDAY NIGHT MIXED - 11-A-SIDE
Canterbury Hockey also runs the Friday night mixed 11-a-side competition. All Mixed 11-a-side matches are played at Nunweek Park
The 2022 Post Christmas Mixed 11-a-side competition will run over 6 weeks starting from Friday the 11th of February and finish Friday the 25th of March (no games Friday the 18th of March).
Entries close Friday the 4th of February
- Games will be played on Friday evenings at Nunweek Park
- Games are 25 minute halves
- Teams must be mixed gender with at least 4 people from each gender on the field at all times
- Players do not have to belong to a club but must be secondary school aged or older
- Match fees are $105 per match
When registering team, managers will need to pay their first $105 match fee online at the time of entry. The remainder of match fees will be invoiced once the draw is complete