U15 Extension Programme Module 1
After the record number of participants within our Under 13 Extension Programmes in 2022, Canterbury Hockey is excited that momentum can be continued with another memorable programme in 2023. A similar format will be followed this year with the extension programme being delivered in two modules once again, both delivered as standalone events. (Please note – each module will have a separate registration process.)
Module 1 will take place during the July school holidays over a three-day period. The module will include a mixture of skill development and game play. Participants will be exposed to high-quality coaching to develop targeted technical and tactical principles that will benefit their long-term development. For the game play element, players will be assigned to teams to partake in a hockey 5’s festival.
Module 2 will be delivered during August/September. This module will incorporate several weekly training sessions focusing on skill and tactical development. Participants will be allocated to teams, that will participate in a South Island Festival event in the first week of October.
Phase 1 Detail:
- 3-day development camp that will consist of a mixture of training and small sided match play.
- Targeted development focus – Technical skills, tactical concepts, character traits.
- Day 1 & 2 split into morning and afternoon groups (by gender). On these days all groups will have a mixture of skill training sessions and hockey 5’s games. Day 3 will be all match play, hockey 5’s games.
- Block timing’s as follows – 9am-12pm & 1pm-4pm. Day 1 = Boys morning, Day 2 = Girl’s morning, Day 3 = both genders integrated across the day.
- Specialist goal keeper training will be included.
Module 1: Skill development and hockey 5’s festival – Monday 3rd July – Wednesday 5th July (1st week of July School Holidays).
Module 2: Start date TBC for team trainings – concludes with South Island Festival Event – Sunday 24th – Thursday 28th September (in Christchurch). (Registrations for module two will take place separately, late July).
Module 1 = $90.00. This price includes turf hire, training gear, coach and umpire development/support and administration-based costs.
Registrations for Module 1 and Module 2 will be completed separately (Module 2 registration process will take place at the end of July).
All registrations will be completed using Play HQ. Please follow this link and then select the appropriate programme: https://www.playhq.com/hockey-new-zealand/org/canterbury-hockey-association/df572316/register
Athletes - open registration for under 15 athletes who want to participate in an extension-focused development programme and meet the below criteria:
- Must be Year 9, 10 & 11 at school and over the age of 13 and under the age of 15 as of 1 January 2023.
- Must play for a club or school team entered in Canterbury Hockey’s winter competitions.
- Must have a minimum of at least 1 year playing experience for a club/school team.
If you do not fit the above criteria and would like to enquire about registering, please contact Canterbury Hockey.
Coaches – open registration for coaches coaching in this or a similar age group.
Umpires – open registration for umpires umpiring in this or a similar age group.
Provide an inclusive development opportunity that extends 13–15-year-old (under 15) athletes, and coaches and umpires of this age group, beyond the experiences they receive in club/school hockey.
- Incorporate all interested athletes, coaches, and umpires, into a high-quality development focused programme that is distinctly different from club, school and U13 programme hockey experiences.
- Provide an enjoyable experience that encourages participants and supporters to connect with others in the wider hockey community.
- Develop targeted technical and tactical principles and concepts that will benefit participants long term development.
- Ensure athlete welfare and workload is managed effectively.
For any questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Athlete registration closes – midnight 20th June 2023 ($25 late registration fee).