U13 Extension Programme
After the success of our Under 13 Extension Programmes in 2021, Canterbury Hockey is excited and hopeful that momentum can be continued with another memorable programme in 2022. After reviewing last years format a few changes have been made to enhance this event. The extension programme in 2022 with be delivered in two modules, both delivered as standalone events. Please note – each module will have a separate registration process.
Module 1 will take place during the July school holidays over a three-day period. The module will include a mixture of skill development and game play. Participants will be exposed to high-quality coaching to develop targeted technical and tactical principles that will benefit their long-term development. For the game play element, players will be assigned to teams to partake in a hockey 5’s festival.
Module 2 will be delivered during August/September. This module will incorporate several weekly training sessions focusing on skill and tactical development. Participants will be allocated to teams, that will participate in a Regional Festival event which will include games against teams from Mid Canterbury and South Canterbury. For this event Year 7 teams will play 7-a-side and Year 8 will play 11-a-side.
Provide an inclusive development opportunity that extends year 7&8 (under 13) athletes, and coaches and umpires associated with this age group.
- Incorporate all interested athletes, coaches, and umpires, into a high-quality development focused programme that is distinctly different from club and school hockey experiences
- Provide an enjoyable experience that encourages participants and supporters to connect with others in the wider hockey community.
- Develop targeted technical and tactical principles and concepts that will benefit participants long term development.
- Ensure athlete welfare and workload is managed effectively.
Open registration for year 7&8 athletes who want to participate in a development programme that aims to extend them beyond their club and school playing experiences. Athletes must meet the below criteria:
- Must be Year 7&8 at school.
- Must play for a club or school team entered in Canterbury Hockey’s winter competitions.
- Must have a minimum of at least 1 year playing experience for a club/school team.
If you do not fit the above criteria and would like to enquire about registering, please contact Canterbury Hockey.
Coaches - Open registration for coaches coaching in this or a similar age group.
Umpires - Open registration for coaches coaching in this or a similar age group.
Phase 1 Detail:
- 3-day development camp that will consist of a mixture of training and match play.
- Targeted development focus – Technical skills, tactical concepts, character traits.
- Day 1 & 2 split into morning and afternoon groups (will likely be by gender, dependent on numbers registered). On these days all groups will have a mixture of skill training sessions and hockey 5’s games. Day 3 will be all match play, hockey 5’s games.
- Block timing’s TBC once numbers are confirmed but likely – 9am-12pm & 1pm-4pm.
Module 1: Skill development and hockey 5’s festival – Monday 11 July – Wednesday 13 July (1st week of July School Holidays).
Module 2: Start date TBC for team trainings – concludes with Regional Festival Event – Friday 23 September – Sunday 25 September. (Registrations for module two will take place separately, late July/early August)
Module 1 = $115.00. This price includes the new Canterbury Hockey Paladin training tee, turf hire, training gear, coach and umpire development/support and administration-based costs.
Registrations for Module 1 and Module 2 will be completed separately (Module 2 registration process will take place at the end of July).
All registrations will be completed using Play HQ. Please follow this link and then select the appropriate programme: https://www.playhq.com/hockey-new-zealand/org/canterbury-hockey-association/df572316/register
For any questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Athlete registration closes – 9:00am Monday 04 July 2022.