Mid Canterbury Hockey is seeking an enthusiastic and passionate person to fill the role of Coaching Development Officer. In this role you will be responsible for the development and implementation of coaching programmes designed to increase coaching, player and umpire capability within Mid Canterbury hockey.
The Coaching Development Officer has a key strategic role within the association, and you will be a focal point in the hockey community. Your responsibilities will include:
- delivering the Small Sticks Hockey in Schools programme
- delivering the Fun Sticks programme
- school holiday and other coaching programmes
- developing and implementing new coaching and playing opportunities for coaches, players and umpires.
Hours will vary during the year but will average approximately 25 hours per week. There is the requirement to work some evenings and weekends through the winter season. You will also have opportunities to take the initiative and develop your own ideas to meet the objectives of Mid Canterbury Hockey.
This is the perfect role for someone who is passionate about hockey and keen to get out and be involved in the Mid Canterbury community, working to improve participation and the skills of our players, coaches and umpires.
You will need to have:
- previous experience in a coaching and development role
- proven experience in planning and facilitating programmes
- excellent organisational, time management, decision making and people skills.
If this sounds like you, Mid Canterbury Hockey would love to hear from you! If you would like to discuss the role, please contact Andrew Mitchell by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All applications should include a cover letter and CV and be submitted to email@example.com.
Please note that, if this position is of interest to you, apply sooner rather than later, as Mid Canterbury Hockey is looking to fill this position as soon as possible, and may interview for and fill the position at any time.