Masters Club Hockey
The Canterbury Masters community has a rich tradition of competitive hockey and social occasions for those that meet the age requirements!
2022 Canterbury Masters Club Competition information
The local Canterbury Masters Competition is loosely club based and is split into two rounds of hockey either side of Christmas and the New Year. Part one runs from mid-October until mid-December. It then resumes in the middle of January and runs until late February leading into the National Masters Tournament.
Players must be 30+ in the women’s and 35+ in the men’s category to play in the local Canterbury Competition.
Masters Post-Christmas 2022:
Due to the limited weeks and quantity of teams the following structure has bene implemented
Men’s – Divide into 3 divisions:
- Top 6 - Div 1 – One full round robin – Carlton, Southern Stags, Rangiora one, Harewood Red, HSOB and Ashburton
- Bottom 2 Div 1 + Top 4 Div 2 – One round robin, semi-final and final – Hornby Vampires, Uni Orange, Marist Greenbeards and Southern Sharks
- Bottom 6 - Div 2 – One full round robin – Grasshoppers, Fossils, Rangiora Too, Waikirikiri, Wizards and Mad dogs
Women’s – Divide into 3 divisions:
- Top 4 - Div 1 – One round robin, semi-final and final – Waimak 1, Hornby Bengals, HSOB/Burnside and Malvern
- Bottom 2 Div 1 + Top 2 Div 2 - One round robin, semi-final and final – Avon, Carlton Redcliffs, Hinemoa-Kaiapoi and Harewood
- Bottom 4 - Div 2 - One round robin, semi-final and final – Southern Slamma, Waikirikiri, Hornby Caspians and Southern/Uni
For any further information please contact Sam via email firstname.lastname@example.org